Read Time 3 Minutes
Heading back into the office? The Pizitz Food Hall is ready to welcome you back to The Magic City with your tried-and-true favorites, plus plenty of fun new additions and activities.
1. The Pizitz Food Hall is serving up everyone’s favorites
The Pizitz Food Hall is Birmingham’s ultimate foodie destination. With 12 food stalls open six days a week, there is no shortage of variety.
If you haven’t made it to The Pizitz Food Hall in a while, allow me to remind you of some of the most loved stalls:
- The Standard: The top spot for classic burgers and hotdogs, available with specialty toppings like fried egg, sauerkraut and pimento cheese.
- Ono Poké: Flavorful bowls inspired by Japanese and Hawaiian cuisine. Grab a bowl piled high with fresh ingredients like ahi tuna, brown rice, avocado and seaweed.
- Unos Tacos: Authentic Mexican fare featuring tacos, quesadillas and tostadas. Their namesake tacos are not to be missed.
2. New stalls bring unique flavors to Birmingham’s food scene
The Food Hall has also been busy cooking up some new offerings, with everything from fried chicken to po’boys and sno-cones.
Plan tomorrow’s meal with some of The Pizitz Food Hall’s latest additions:
- J Wings: Who doesn’t love fried chicken and wings? J Wings is serving up a wide variety of chicken-focused dishes, including Southern-inspired fried wings and chicken sandwiches.
- Broad Street + Nola Ice: Bringing a taste of Nola to The Magic City, this combination stall offers mouth-watering po’boys and sandwiches with fried shrimp, fried oysters, crawfish and more. Be sure to grab an authentic New Orleans sno-ball for dessert, the stall has over 50 flavors available!
3. Weekly activities at The Food Hall
It’s not just tasty food and drinks, The Pizitz Food Hall also brings Birmingham a wide range of activities and events this month. Here’s what’s on tap for August:
- Free Yoga Every Tuesday: Every Tuesday from 5:45-6:45PM, The Pizitz Food Hall hosts a yoga class that is completely free. Open to all levels, simply sign up on their Facebook page to enroll. Don’t forget to bring along your mat and a water bottle to stay hydrated!
- Friday Happy Hour: Gather your coworkers and head to happy hour. Happening every Friday from 3-7PM, the event also features a unique live DJ each week. So, grab a drink from The Louis Bar and ease into the weekend.
4. Exciting August events at The Pizitz Food Hall
The Pizitz Food Hall also plans to host some of Birmingham’s favorite events this month, including Eat in the Street and The Sidewalk Film Festival.
- Saturday, August 14—Eat in the Street: This popular outdoor event encourages Birmingham residents to get outside and enjoy some of the city’s best eats. The street party will be in coordination with the Birmingham Art Crawl, and includes live music, art vendors and, of course, plenty of great food.
- Monday-Sunday, August 23-29—The Sidewalk Film Festival: Since the Sidewalk Film Center and Cinema are located in the lower level of The Pizitz Food Hall, it’s a natural home base for the nationally-recognized festival.
5. Curated Dining Experiences
Small Batch pop up dinners are another new addition to The Pizitz Food Hall’s impressive culinary lineup. Small Batch offers six-course tasting menus, thoughtfully curated with only the freshest local ingredients.
They offer public seatings each month, but also host private dining experiences. The next public dinner is happening Friday, August 13, so message them on Instagram to reserve your spot.
“The Small Batch pop-ups provide a fresh, fun, intimate take on the dining experience and are really unlike anything happening in Birmingham. Curated by Chefs Sam Adams and Brian Dyer, the tasting menu rotates monthly and features local, fresh, seasonal ingredients—providing guests with an unforgettable dining experience.”
Mindy Rohr, Director of Marketing, Bayer Properties